MOST POWERFUL VOICES 2013-2014
OFFICIAL ARTIST CONTEST RULES -
Contest Name: Most Powerful Voices (“Contest”).
The Contest is Co-Sponsored by Uplifting Entertainment, LLC and American Heart Association, Inc. (“Sponsors”), and is administered by Uplifting Entertainment, LLC (“Administrator”). For purposes of this Contest, “Entrant” means the choir, group, or independent gospel artist identified by the person who submits the Entry (as defined below) on behalf of such choir, group, or independent gospel artist. By participating in the Contest each Entrant agrees as follows:
1. ENTRY PERIOD. The Contest entry period begins at 12:00:01 P.M. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on November 18, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on March 2, 2014 (the “Entry Period”). All entries must be received by Sponsors as required herein prior to the expiration of the Entry Period. Sponsors reserve the right to extend or reduce the Entry Period in their sole discretion.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to choirs, groups, and independent gospel artists made up of natural persons who are legal residents of the 50 states of the U.S. and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories) who (i) at the time of entry submission have attained the age of majority in the jurisdiction where they reside, and (ii) from the time of entry through the termination of the Contest Period are not obligated under a recording, publishing or management agreement that would prevent them from accepting any of the prizes described below. Employees, independent contractors, agents, and representatives of the Sponsors, Administrator, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, assigns, advertising or promotional agencies; and their respective employees, officers, directors, members of their immediate families (parents, siblings, children or spouses, regardless of where they live), and those persons living in the same household, whether related or not, of such individuals (jointly and severally, the “Contest Parties”), are ineligible to enter. Winners will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and a receipt.
4. METHOD OF ENTRY AND CATEGORIES: Entries to the Contest must be submitted via the online form made available on this website http//mostpowerfulvoices.org (the “Site”) prior to the expiration of the applicable Entry Period. Each Entrant must designate a Representative who is a member of the Entrant who shall be the spokesperson on behalf of the Entrant and responsible for the submission of all required information and documentation. The Representative must be 18 years of age or older as of the beginning of the Entry Period. Entries may be in the following categories/genres of music: traditional or contemporary gospel, praise, worship, holy hip hop. Independent artists, groups and choirs may enter.
5. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: An Entry (“Entry”) consists of the following:
(i) a sound or video recording performed by Entrant of one original song written by a member or members of the Entrant or a cover of a public domain song from the Song List (available on the Site) either video or audio formats as follows: Audio entries must be in the MP3 format with a file size of no more than one gigabyte (1GB). Video entries must feature the performance of one original song written by Entrant or a song from the Song List. Videos must be posted on YouTube and the Entrant must provide the YouTube link for the video (not the video itself). Gospel, praise, worship and holy hip hop genres are accepted.
(ii) a digital photo of Entrant or cover image.
(III) information about the artist, group, or choir including hometown, contact information including a valid email address and contact address, name of song, name of artist, group, or choir.
Only one Entry will be accepted from each Entrant. In the event that more than one entry is made by any Entrant, the first entry shall be deemed the Entrant's Entry, and all additional entries will be disqualified.
Entrant hereby represents and warrants that the Entry:
- is not sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, or contain nudity;
- does not promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- is not obscene or offensive, or endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- does not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Co-Sponsors or its products, or other people, products or companies, including the Contest Parties;
- does not contain, disparage or tarnish trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- does not contain any copyrighted materials owned by others (including, without limitation, musical works, sound recordings, audiovisual works, photographs and other graphical depictions, sculptures, and other works);
- does not contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, other than the Entrant members;
- does not communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsors or the other Contest Parties wish to associate; and
- does not depict the violation of, and cannot itself be in violation of, any law.
If Sponsors becomes aware that any Entry violates the Official Rules or the Terms & Conditions of Use, Sponsors reserves the right to delete and disqualify the Entry and Entrant.
6. LICENSE, REPRESENTATIONS & WARRANTIES. Entrant represents and warrants that he/she/it owns or otherwise possesses all of the rights required by law to legally reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, prepare derivative works of, transmit (digitally and otherwise) and to otherwise make available the Entry. Entrant hereby grants to Sponsors and Administrator a perpetual, nonexclusive, royalty-free and compensation-free, sublicensable, fully transferable license to reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, prepare derivative works of, transmit (digitally and otherwise) and otherwise exploit any and all musical works, sound recordings, audiovisual materials, text, data; your name, image, likeness voice, biographical material and other personal attributes; and any other information embodied in the Entry throughout the universe. Without limitation, the license granted hereunder authorizes, but does not obligate, Sponsors and Administrator to use the Entry in advertising and promotional materials and for any other reasonable business purpose.
7. JUDGE QUALIFICATIONS. The judges (“Judges”) of the Contest include RCA Inspiration artists, Latice Crawford and Deon Kipping; RCA Inspiration Head of A&R (Artists and Repertoire) executive, Stanley Brown and Director of A&R, Joseph Burney; a Roland Corporation U.S. music representative; an American Heart Association volunteer; and an UP Entertainment music executive. Sponsors reserve the right to make reasonable changes in the judges in their sole discretion.
8. JUDGING CRITERIA: The Entries in the Judges Round will be judged based on the following factors: the quality of presentation as determined by the Judges in their sole discretion and the musical quality of each Entrant’s performance as determined by the Judges in their sole discretion ("Judging Criteria"). The scores of all judges will be averaged to determine the ranking of the Entrants. The decisions of the Judges shall be final and binding.
9. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Winner selection will occur as follows:
Round One: Entries received in full prior to 11:59:59 a.m. EST on March 2, 2014 will be posted at the time of entry on the Site for online voting, which will take place beginning on or about November 22, 2013 and ending on March 2, 2014. During this time of Round 1, visitors to the Site may register and vote and otherwise participate in viewing and reviewing the Entries. Voting consists of rating the entry from 1 to 5 with 5 being the best. Visitors may vote only once per Entrant per calendar day. The top 100 Entries as determined by Administrator’s proprietary ranking algorithm, which includes a weight to the number of votes received, will advance to Round Two.
Round Two: Voting is reset to zero at the close of Round One. From March 4, 2014 to March 30, 2014 public voting will continue. The top 50 entrants as determined by Administrator’s proprietary ranking algorithm will advance to Round Three.
Round Three: Voting is reset to zero at the close of Round Two. From April 1, 2014 to April 28, 2014 public voting will continue. The top 10 entrants as determined by Administrator’s proprietary ranking algorithm will move on to Round Four to be reviewed by the Judges.
Round Four - Judging: Voting is reset to zero at the close of Round Three. The Judges will review and judge the ten finalists based on the Judging Criteria. The judges’ ratings will be averaged. One winner will be selected. The winner’s name, photo, and song entry will be posted on the contest website on or about May 20, 2014.
Round Four - Fan Favorite Voting: Voting is reset to zero. All entries from Nov. 18, 2013 through March 2, 2014 will be posted to the site. Public will vote to select the Fan Favorite in each of the 5 categories. Fan Favorite in each category will be posted to the site on or about May 20, 2014.
The Entries will be ranked according to, among other things, public voting. Any attempt by an Entrant, or anyone acting at Entrant’s direction (express or implied) to employ schemes or mechanisms to fraudulently or unfairly affect the outcome, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion, shall result in disqualification of the Entrant.
10. PRIZES: The Grand Prize Winner will receive:
(i.) $3,500 (approximate retail value) of keyboard and gear from Roland Corporation U.S. including the VP-770 Vocal & Ensemble Keyboard, the VE-20 Vocal Performer, the VE-5 Vocal Perform, and the VT-12 Vocal Trainer.
(ii.) The opportunity to perform during the 2015 Stellar Awards Weekend (date tbd). RCA Inspiration will cover travel and hotel plus one guest.
(iii.) Professional coaching and songwriting critique session by renowned RCA Inspiration artist, Deon Kipping via Skype.
(iv.) $1500 in cash provided by the American Heart Association.
(v.) A prize pack of CDs from RCA Inspiration recording artists. (vi.) Feature on UP’s website as the digital download of the week at UPtv.com
(vii.) The approximately retail value of the Grand Prize is $10,000.
The top 10 finalists will each receive:
(i.) A VT-12 vocal trainer valued at approximately $300 each from Roland Corporation U.S.
(ii.) Their name and images and entries on the mostpowerfulvoice.org website for Most Powerful Voices.
(iv.) A prize pack of CDs from RCA recording artists.
(v.) The approximately retail value of finalist prizes is $500.
The Fan Favorites names and images will be posted on the Most Powerful Voices website at mostpowerfulvoices.org
The prizes described above are subject to availability and may be changed or modified at Sponsors’ and/or the particular prize providers’ sole discretion. If requested, Winners shall provide Sponsors with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. Income taxes on prizes, if any, are solely the responsibility of the Winners.
11. WINNER NOTIFICATION. Winners will be notified by phone or email sent to the contact information provided in the winning Entrants’ Entry. Unverified winners may be notified by email and must respond within 72 hours of transmission. If Sponsors do not receive a written response within this time period, or a Winner is not available during the required time period, such Winner may, at Sponsors’ sole discretion, be disqualified and an alternate winner will be determined. If it is determined any member of a Winner is ineligible, the entire group will be disqualified.
12. TAXES. The valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on reasonably available information provided to the Sponsors. The value of any prize awarded to a Winner may be reported for tax purposes, as required by law. Each Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes, if any. Entrants winning over $600 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year, and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
13. DISCLAIMER. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
14. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: Sponsors, Administrator and other Contest Parties are not responsible for: (i) technical problems or technical malfunction which may affect the operation of the Contest, including but not limited to any of the following occurrences (a) hardware or software errors; (b) faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; (c) errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; (d) garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent to or received; (ii) lost, late, delayed or intercepted transmissions; (iii) inaccessibility of the Site, in whole or in part for any reason, or traffic congestions on the Internet; (iv) unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; (v) destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an account used in connection with the Contest; (vi) any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Site; (vii) any personal injury, or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Site or the download of any information from the Site; (viii) any attempt by an Entrant or other individual to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, which may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. ANY PERSON ATTEMPTING TO DEFRAUD CO-SPONSORS OR ADMINISTRATOR, OR IN ANY WAY TAMPER WITH, DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST, WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
Entrant acknowledges that Sponsors, Administrator and other Contest Parties, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, and prize providers, including, without limitation, Entrant agrees that Released Parties shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or other irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (i) by any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other suppliers or any of their agents, servants, employees, or independent contractors (collectively, “Suppliers”); (ii) by any defect in or failure of any vehicle, equipment, accessories, instrumentality, service, product, or accommodation that is owned, operated, furnished, or used by any of those Suppliers; (iii) by the wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not employed by that Released Party; or (iv) by any cause, condition, or event whatsoever beyond the control of that Released Party. Entrant hereby waives, releases and discharges each Released Party from and against any claims, damages or liability, even if caused by the negligence or willful misconduct of the Released Party, for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity arising out of or relating to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Contest or in any Contest-related activity or from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize.
By entering the Contest, you acknowledge that you are familiar with the provisions of California Civil Code Section 1452, which provides as follows:
A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST BE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
15. WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of any legally required winners list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope (except for residents of Vermont, who do not have to provide postage) to Administrator at the address set forth below. All such requests must be received within four (4) weeks after the end of the Contest. The Winner’s name will also be posted on the Site on or about May 20, 2014. These Official Rules will be posted on the Site.
16. Governing Law, Jurisdiction, & Venue. The Official Rules shall be governed by and interpreted pursuant to the laws of the State of Georgia and the United States of America without regard for conflicts of law principles. Entrant irrevocably agrees that the state and federal courts situated in Fulton County, Georgia shall have exclusive jurisdiction and venue over any and all disputes arising under or related to these Official Rules and/or the Contest, and you hereby expressly waive jurisdiction and venue in any other forum.
SPONSORS: Uplifting Entertainment, LLC and American Heart Association, Inc.
ADMINISTRATOR: Uplifting Entertainment, LLC, 2077 Convention Center Concourse, Suite 300 Atlanta, GA 30337. ATTN: Business Affairs